Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introductory

Hello, my name is Chad and I am 16 years old, in the 11th grade. My birthday is on June 21st and I was born in 2003. I have been living in Florida my entire life, but I am part Jamaican from my dad's side and I am 6'1 with dreads. I attend Fort Lauderdale High School in Broward County, Florida. At my school I am partaking in AICE classes which are college level classes from the U.K. I am doing these classes because if I pass seven of them I get a full ride scholarship to any college in Florida and I want to be a debt free college student. I want to go to either FSU, Florida State University, or FAMU, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. I want to go to these two colleges because they are some of the best colleges in Florida for law and I want to be a Criminal Justice Lawyer, then judge, then one day a Supreme Court judge.
Enough of my future aspirations, let me tell you about what I do now. In school I participate in the BSU, Black Student Union. This is the first year that there is a Black Student Union at my school and I wanted to be part of that. Not only because its part of my culture, but also because of the great opportunities that comes with being in the club such as scholarship information. I am also apart of the club called FCCLA. In this club we make events within certain categories such as: creative writing, culinary, advocacy and etc. We get a chance to take our events so far as to a national competition where we represent our entire county. This is my first year in FCCLA and I am the new Historian/Photographer for the club.
I also do activities outside of school. One of them is called Lamp Lighters, which is a teenage fraternity of Omega Psi Phi. This club guarantees that everyone in the club gets into the fraternity when in college and they also give scholarships. I am also the president of Lamp Lighters. I am also apart of a mentoring group for young black people called Lead Nation. This group also gives out scholarships and talks about things affecting the black community locally and globally. These groups are not the only things I do outside of school, I also have a job. I work at Target, which is a supermarket that sells food, clothes, cleaning supplies, toys, games, etc. At my job I stock things, help guests, and cashier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

   1.    Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied. Marketing in the film industry is extremely important. T...