Thursday, February 27, 2020

Filming at Lester’s

After we finished filming at our group members house we went to start filming at Lester’s diner. At Lester’s diner I got out of the car and filmed both the car of my group mates, who portrayed the friends, and the “stalker’s” car. I filmed this one to show the stalker is still following the girls this far into the film. After this I did a tracking shot of the girls walking into the diner. I had to film this shot multiple times because my hands were either too shaky or I wasn’t able to get the girls whole body in the shot. I also almost fell on of the times causing us to have the re-shoot the shot about three times. After I recorded them going into the diner I recorded them walking to their booth and sitting down. This was to establish them actually going to sit down to eat and talk to each other. I then recorded their stalker walking past the window where they were seated with a black hoodie on. This was to show that the stalker is looking at the layout of the diner in order to find the booth that is closest to them, but far away enough for them not to see him.
I recorded the stalker going into the diner after them as well. This emphasizes the stalker following them and wanting to take one of them. It creates a path way for the ending scene and creates suspense as to when the kidnapping will take place. After filming the stalker going into the diner behind them, I filmed the friends ordering food and talking. This was to create a more surreal scene of them actually hanging out and not just acting. I then proceeded to go in the booth behind the stalker in order to create a point of view shot. This was to show the stalker watching them talk and eat from his booth. I then filmed the girls getting their food, and leaving. I filmed the stalker leaving out after them to show him following them. It also built suspense that he was following them out of the diner. It will make the audience wonder what he is about to do now that he has followed them after the diner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

   1.    Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied. Marketing in the film industry is extremely important. T...