Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

Hello, my name is Chad and I am in the 11th grade. I go to Fort Lauderdale Highschool and I am in the Cambridge program. I am still 16 years old and will not turn 17 until June 21st. I have been progressing a lot in AICE Media since the beginning of the year. My film skills and knowledge have grown from nothing to a vast array of different terms such as a high angle, low angle, god's eye, and a pan shot. These things have enhanced the way I see most TV shows and movies now because I always point them out when watching something. My production skills have increased immensely from the beginning of the year as well because of the different projects that we have been doing. I've learned how to create different angles while filming such as making high angles by standing high over the object of filming and to create low angles by filming below the object. I am working with my group mates before named Shania, Kerin, and Kaliyah. These are the group mates I am the most comfortable working with and I know that we will do an amazing job.
In the last two projects I have learned so much. This ranges from my production skills to my editing skills. It also boosted my planning skills as well. My production skills have increased tremendously because I have done it twice now. The first time I was not there for much of it, but the second time I learned how to use the camera in order to make certain shots and angles that I wanted. These shots helped enhance the way the film looked and progressed as well. I also believe the previous experience will help me when it comes to filming different shots for this film as well. My editing skills have also increased. I now know how to speed up and slow down a film, I know how to zoom into the film, I know how to add music and turn off the sound, and etc. I am more excited for this film because I can put all of the new knowledge I learned from the other projects in order to make the film even better than the last ones. I am more excited for the filming and editing portion of this film because I believe that I can film the film much better than the other ones and we have a more solid plan than the other ones. I'm excited for the editing because I want to test new ideas that we have for the titles and for the film itself. We want to test some music and also some new transitions.
Pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. It is usually done within one sentence.
Pitch Idea #1: Micheal and Naomi fell in love on their first date. The love was short lived once Naomi fell for Steven. Micheal wanted Steven dead.
Pitch Idea #2: He met this girl thinking he was going to fall in love, the whole time she was plotting something sinister... Something he might not survive.
Pitch Idea #3: Someone follows three teenage girls while getting ready to have fun at their first college party. One goes missing and now they can't find her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

   1.    Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied. Marketing in the film industry is extremely important. T...